Every year, the Whiskey Advocate Buying Guide’s reviewers sip hundreds of samples of hooch and produce a comprehensive list of the very best, scotches, ryes, single-malts, blends and other top whiskeys on the market.
They take into consideration that many of the highest rated are often from ultra-rare limited releases, so the ones that make the top 20 must strike a balance between quality, value and availability.
Ranging in price from $60 to $160, every bottle below is affordable, obtainable and, most importantly, damn delicious. Cheers!
20. FUKANO 2017 EDITION – $80
19. CHIVAS REGAL ULTIS – $160
18. CROWN ROYAL NOBLE COLLECTION WINE BARREL FINISHED – $60
17. THE MACALLAN DOUBLE CASK 12 YEAR OLD – $65
16. TYRCONNELL 16 YEAR OLD – $100
15. KENTUCKY PEERLESS STRAIGHT RYE -$125
14. HIGH WEST CAMPFIRE -$70
13. Sheep Dip Islay Blended Malt – $60