- Leon Bailey has revealed he turned down interest from Liverpool before moving to Bayer Leverkusen in January 2017.
- Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says his mood has been lifted by the new series of House of Cards and claims the political drama is a good representation of the Machiavellian world of professional football.
- Harry Kane believes Tottenham have an advantage in the title race because they have started the season with so many away games.
- Cesar Azpilicueta has warned defending champions Manchester City that Chelsea plan to replace them at the top of the table by December 8 at the latest.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Raheem Sterling spoke about how much he loves playing at the Etihad in front of Manchester City fans, insisting: “I love it when they sing my name”.
- Mike Ashley is firmly back on the scene at Newcastle United – but the club remains up for sale.
- Newcastle United’s Ayoze Perez has revealed Alan Shearer put the icing on the cake after his winner against Watford by sending him a morale-boosting tweet straight after the final whistle.
- Saido Berahino knows he needs to add more goals and assists to his game to be happy as he learns the ropes of life as a winger.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Mark Hughes felt elements of his team’s performance against Man City summed up the story of their season so far.
- Chelsea are reportedly eyeing a move for Roberto Pereyra as they look to find a potential replacement for Eden Hazard.
- Callum Wilson vowed to let his football do the talking when it came to bidding for a place in the England squad.
- Sunderland skipper George Honeyman has been linked with a move to Championship side Sheffield United, while the Black Cats are thought to be keen on a striker
- Florin Andone could finally have more of a role in Brighton’s Premier League campaign after a fleeting debut.
YORKSHIRE EVENING POST
- Marcelo Bielsa sent a nine-minute video message to Newell’s Old Boys as his former club unveiled a new training complex – paid for with £3m of his money.
- Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony believes Derby County striker Jack Marriott has a chance of playing for England.
- Joe Worrall feels his loan spell at Glasgow Rangers is already having a positive impact on his career, but his focus remains on returning to Nottingham Forest next summer.
- Bristol City are keen on making a move for Scottish defender Ryan Williamson, according to reports.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- Chairman Ken Anderson has sought to end speculation over Phil Parkinson’s future, urging Bolton fans to back the manager.
- Jos Luhukay insists he is firmly focused on spearheading a Sheffield Wednesday revival amid growing doubts over his Owls future.