LONDON EVENING STANDARD
- Mesut Ozil turned down offers worth £1m-a-week to commit his future to Arsenal.
MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS
- Jose Mourinho is planning on selling Marcos Rojo and Eric Bailly in January to fund the move for a new central defender, according to a report.
- Andy Townsend claims Mourinho’s lack of trust in his defenders is the reason behind United’s problems.
- Borussia Dortmund are believed to be tracking Arsenal youngster Ben Cottrell, according to reports.
- Rafa Benitez is considering January loan exits for Freddie Woodman and Rob Elliot.
- Newcastle forward Salomon Rondon has revealed his future in the North East is now firmly in his own hands.
- Leicester City’s Alex Pascanu has shrugged off transfer interest after senior Romania call-up.
- Adrien Silva and Leicester City’s out-of-favour players will see more action when the games come thick and fast after the international break.
- Marcos Rojo will be made available for transfer in the next window, alerting Wolves who were keen on the centre-half in the summer.
- Of all Aston Villa’s players out of loan, young defender Mitchell Clark is making the biggest impression
EXPRESS & STAR
- Liam Kinsella says he is eager to learn from manager Dean Keates as he battles to hold down a regular starting spot at Walsall.
THE DAILY ECHO
- Mark Hughes says he has been ‘reassured’ that Saints will start winning games soon and does not feel like the team are just going to ‘slog their way through the season’.
- Etienne Capoue is among the best central midfielders in the Premier League, according to Watford head coach Javi Gracia.
- Bournemouth winger Jordon Ibe felt he had not done enough to keep his place and said: “I need to work much harder.”
- Brighton defender Shane Duffy has no regrets about swapping one Ireland for another.
- Andreas Cornelius has opened up on his horror spell at Cardiff City and admitted he felt caught in the middle of the Bluebirds’ chaotic first season in the Premier League.
- Dimitar Evtimov’s Burton Albion future should be decided by the end of the week – and Nigel Clough has suggested the Bulgarian goalkeeper would definitely have been staying if they had won in the FA Cup on Saturday.
- Aitor Karanka wants to trim his Nottingham Forest squad in January.
- Martin Braithwaite has responded to a supporter on social media questioning his commitment to the Middlesbrough cause, insisting he’s “grateful” to be playing for Boro.
NORWICH EVENING NEWS
- Teemu Pukki is only warming up at Norwich City according to his head coach, who says he is “full of potential”.
EAST ANGLIAN DAILY TIMES
- Tristan Nydam is keen to make the most of his loan stay in Scotland but is still keeping a firm eye on parent club Ipswich Town.
- Callum Robinson says he deserved more chances during his loan spell with Bristol City.
THE BOLTON NEWS
- With two weeks to mull over his side’s current plight, Phil Parkinson remains adamant he can engineer Bolton’s recovery once they get back in action.